SMA Corporate Membership Levels
Membership in SMA, the Stadium Managers AssociationSM, is an efficient way to stay in touch with your contacts in stadium and ballpark facilities, keep current on news that could impact your business, and show your support of the industry.
Our members are VPs and Directors of Facility Operations for most MLB ballparks and NFL stadiums, a good number of university stadiums, minor league ballparks, and a growing number of soccer facilities. Our vendor sponsor members represent the best suppliers in the industry.
Our primary event is the Seminar in February and our sponsors are involved as full members, speakers, and participants in educational sessions and all social events. Sponsored networking events each day take the place of a trade show by giving you quality time with your clients, and low-pressure opportunities to make connections with potential customers. See how sponsors got involved this year
Your membership application needs to be submitted by January 17 to attend the 2014 Seminar.
75% of our members polled this year use the Seminar to connect with our corporate sponsor members, and 87% agreed that our vendor members provide solutions to their operational challenges. There are two different membership options for you to consider:
Who can be an SMA corporate member?
Persons, firms, corporations and other entities that have, as a principal function, the provision of goods or services to the stadium industry are eligible for corporate membership.
This basic corporate membership level offers value to your company with access to current facility operations leaders, and news like renovation updates that can be a resource to support your business goals.
What are the benefits and marketing opportunities with basic corporate membership?
- Company listing in the SMA annual membership directory catalog for one representative, and one copy of the directory for that member
- Company will be welcomed in the New Member section of the SMA newsletter, with contact information and company description
- Opportunity to attend the members-only Annual Seminar, only if the individual or company has never attended
- Monthly electronic newsletter
- Access to members-only section of the SMA web site where company can maintain a profile, contact other members, and access the many other resources provided by the SMA
Do you need to be a member to attend the Seminar?
Yes, only corporate sponsors and first-time corporate members can attend the Seminar.
What is the cost?
Membership investment is $1000 per year for one company representative. There is a one-time initiation fee of $500. If your company or representative has never attended the Seminar, you may attend for $1,100 per person registration fee.
Who can be an SMA corporate sponsor?
Persons, firms, corporations and other entities that have, as a principal function, the provision of goods or services to the stadium industry are eligible for corporate sponsorship.
The Sponsorship level offers many additional benefits over basic corporate membership. All applications for sponsor membership are reviewed by the Membership committee, with the goal of achieving an appropriate balance and number of the various categories of industry products and services. SMA limits the number of sponsor members to maintain a balanced ratio between managers and vendors, and as a space consideration at our meeting facility and events.
What are the additional benefits and marketing opportunities with corporate sponsorship?
- Two Association memberships with company voting privileges, and two full registration passes to the Annual Seminar
- Full page ad in the membership directory, a desktop reference for managers, with contact listing for two company representatives
- Individual contact listing, picture and logo link on the SMA web site – one click from the home page
- Access to current contact information for stadium managers and staff support for your electronic marketing efforts
- Year-round opportunities for newsletter article submission and press release posting
- Sponsor listing with web link - every month in our electronic newsletter
- Recognition as a Sponsor in Seminar signage, advertising, meeting materials, and mobile web page
- Opportunity to highlight your product and service via Seminar event sponsorships, mobile web page links and case studies
- Online Vendor Service & Product Guide to help managers find you more easily
What is the cost?
Membership investment is $3500 for two company representatives, which includes two full registration passes to the Seminar. There is a one-time initiation fee of $500.The value is outstanding, and the number of sponsors is limited within each category of service.